Information We Collect — We collect personally identifiable information about you (such as your address, phone number, social security number, mother’s maiden name and transaction information about items purchased, payments and payment method), for identification, account management, servicing and marketing purposes. We obtain information about you directly from you (such as on application forms), through your use of our products and services, and in some cases, from third parties (such as credit bureaus and demographic firms). Occasionally, we may also collect information about you online using “cookies” (small pieces of data stored by your Internet browser on your computer) or other technology that may be used to remember passwords for you, to track your website usage with us, and to provide you with customized content, among other things.
Information We Share with Others — We may use and share all of the information we collect, subject to applicable law, with the following (these examples are not intended to be all-inclusive):
• PayPal, Inc. and its Affiliates, for use in connection with the PayPal Plus Credit Card and PayPal Buyer Credit programs and as otherwise permitted by law. They may use this information to update their records, to provide you with notices of special promotions and other tailored offerings, to answer questions about your Credit Card Account and perform other PayPal Plus Credit Card and PayPal Buyer Credit program functions or for other purposes permitted by law. They may use their affiliates, licensees, or third party service providers (such as modeling and database companies) to assist them in any of these activities.
• Service Providers,
(including our affiliates) to assist us in servicing Credit Card Accounts, like preparing billing statements and promotional materials, and responding to customer inquiries. We also may use marketing firms, such as modeling companies, to assist us in our own marketing efforts. We also provide information to merchants who accept the Credit Card Account, for purposes such as authorizing and processing transactions.
• Financial Institutions with Whom We Jointly Offer Financial Products,
such as loan products or credit insurance. If your billing address is in Vermont, this information will be limited to your name and contact information, and transaction and experience information on your Credit Card Account.
• Our Affiliates, Who are Other Companies in the General Electric Company Corporate Family ("GE Family"),
for servicing or marketing purposes, subject to your right to opt out of sharing of credit eligibility information, such as certain information from credit bureaus and your application, as provided in the It's Your Choice section below. And, subject to your right to opt out, our affiliates also may use information from us concerning your credit eligibility, and your transactions and experience with us, to send you marketing solicitations about products and services.
• Third Parties, Who are Interested in Offering Special Products or Services to You,
subject to your right to opt out as provided in the It's Your Choice section. For example, we may disclose information to financial services providers offering products such as insurance, mortgages or loans, and nonfinancial companies offering consumer products and services. We may disclose name, address and telephone numbers, as well as Credit Card Account purchase and performance history.
We report Credit Card Account information, such as credit limit, balances and payment information, to credit bureaus. In addition, we may buy and sell assets, lines of business and/or Credit Card Accounts. When this occurs, customer information generally is disclosed to bidders and is one of the transferred business assets. We also disclose information about you to third parties in certain other circumstances, as permitted by law.
Choice — You have the right to opt out of our sharing of information with certain third parties, as described below.
To opt out please call us toll-free at 1-866-571-3013, or write to us at P.O. Box 981400, El Paso, TX 79998-1400. If you have previously informed us of your preference, you do not need to do so again.
Please do not share information about me with companies outside the GE Family, other than with PayPal, Inc. and its affiliates for use in connection with PayPal Plus Credit Card and PayPal Buyer Credit programs and as otherwise permitted by law. Please do not share with companies within the GE Family information you use to determine my eligibility for credit. And please do not allow companies within the GE Family to solicit me for products and services based on transaction, experience or
credit eligibility information they receive from you.
Important Notes About Your Choice
• Please understand that, even if you opt out as described above, we will continue to share information with PayPal, Inc. and its affiliates, joint marketing partners and service providers as described in this policy, and as otherwise permitted by law. And we will continue to share information that identifies you, and about your transactions and experiences with us, with companies within the GE Family.
• We will process your request promptly. However, it may take us several weeks to ensure that all records are updated with your preference. In the interim, you may continue to be included in programs as described above. Also, after your request is processed, you may still be contacted by our affiliates and/or other companies based on their own information.
• Even if you opt out, we will continue to provide you with billing inserts and mail notices of special offers and new benefits.
• Vermont Residents: If (and while) your billing address is in Vermont, we will treat your Credit Card Account as if you had exercised the opt-out choice described above and you do not need to contact us in order to opt out. If you move from Vermont and you wish to restrict us from sharing information about you as provided in this Policy, you must then contact us to exercise the opt-out choice described above.
Our Security Procedures - We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard nonpublic personal information about you. We limit access to personal and Credit Card Account information to those employees and agents who assist us in providing products and
Your Access to Information - We provide you access to information about your Credit Card Account by providing you with monthly billing statements outlining your transactions, finance charges, and other Credit Card Account information, and by providing customer service representatives to answer your questions.